Sunday, December 23, 2012

REVIEW: HAPPY 6 DAYS RESTAURANT

Aside from cosmetics and skin care products, I love food. 
Food is my first love. I eat everything from pork to veggies and I've tried the raw ones to even the strange ones. 
I just feel bad that I wasn't able to document all of them :(

Lemme try to share some of the food that I love and restaurants that I've been to starting today. Hope I could help you guys in one way or another about these food/restaurants :)


Here's my first restaurant review. 




******************************************************




My work ends at around past 11pm. I do not have time to eat dinner so whenever I finish my work, I am hungry as a horse. Though we are surrounded by restaurants, I am usually looking forward to eat something that is not "fastfood". 

Good thing there's a Korean restaurant open 'till 2am and they serve good Korean dishes at an affordable price. 

RESTAURANT NAME: Happy 6 Days Restaurant
This restaurant is located in Escriva Drive in Ortigas Pasig City. I am so sorry I do not have the photo of the whole place.

It's a small place and can only accommodate around 45 people. It is owned by a Korean national and he always stays in this restaurant. He personally takes orders and delivers the orders in nearby areas. 



I love the home-y ambiance. It looks and feels cozy.






THE FOOD/MENU:

Since this is a Korean restaurant, expect a lot of kimchi and spicy dishes. 
The food is affordable if you will eat in groups. And the price is just AFFORDABLE. :) 
Here's the complete menu of Happy 6 Days Restaurant.



This is the Korean version of the menu. 


Here's a trivia:
This restaurant is called Happy 6 Days because it is open only from Mondays to Saturdays (only for "6" days). 







And here's the menu in English. Check the food and prices for yourself.




















Here's my comment for the drinks : EXPENSIVE! 




These are the food that I've tried and lemme share them to you :) 
I am not a professional food blogger and my palate is not picky when it comes to food. So I am sharing my thoughts about these dishes based on my ordinary and humble opinion ^_^ 



1. Samgyepsal (Pork Roast Belly) 
PhP 250
(Good for 2-3 persons) 

This delicious thin-sliced grilled pork is one of their best sellers. I've learned how to eat this during my first year as an English teacher to Korean nationals. 

How to eat this: Get a slice of pork. You can dip it with the sauces (or those stuff in the small plate - chili paste and sesame oil) to give it a taste. Put that piece of pork on a lettuce then you can get small scoop of rice + kimchi + grilled garlic and wrap it all up with the lettuce. Eat it all (yes, eat the whole stuff with one bite) LOL!

I love this because I find it weird to eat pork this way. :) 






2. Kimbap 
(PhP 100 - Plain / PhP 150 for the Tuna and Beef) 

This is NOT sushi. It's actually rice with veggies rolled and wrapped using dried seaweeds. Tastes good and the price is not bad for 12 sliced rolls. 
It looks simple but believe me, this Korean snack (yeah, I am pretty sure one of my student said this is JUST snack) is already heavy. 








3. Soondae 
(PhP200 - good for 3-4 persons) 
Be not surprise with this dish. This is a Korean street-food (similar to our local "isaw" , "betamax", "helmet", "fishball", "kikiam", chicken feet and the list goes on!) 

This dish is actually cow or pig's intestine's stuffed with noodles + pork blood (hello "dinuguan!") I heard that there are different kinds of Soondae but the one that they have in Happy 6 Days has pork blood.

I dunno what else is inside but I honestly did not like this. This is a "pulutan" (the food Filipinos eat when they drink alcoholic drinks). Tastes like "dinuguan" and smells kinda weird too. 








4. Osam Bulgogi 
(PhP 500 - Good for 3-5 persons) 

For those who love spicy food, here's your must-have. 
This dish is made of sauteed squid and pork belly. It's red because of the gochujang (red pepper paste). The photo here looks "pale". It should look red and covered in sauce but since my boyfriend is not a fan of super-spicy food, I personally asked not to put a lot of red pepper paste.

I love this dish. One of their best sellers.  






5. Dak Galbi 
(PhP 400 - Good for 3-4 persons) 



Stir-fried spicy chicken. Sounds good, tastes spicy and a bit healthier than Osam bulgogi. 
Why?
This one actually has diced chicken, slices of cabbage, sweet potato, rice cake sticks, perilla leaves, a few pieces of scallions and the ever-present-in-all-Korean-dishes ingredient, THE gochujang (red pepper paste).
It's spicy because of the red pepper paste but it tastes good. 






6. Haemul JJampong Ramen
(PhP 200 - Good for 2 persons) 

Transalation: SPICY NOODLE SOUP WITH SEAFOOD.
Plain as that. They use instant noodles (specifically this brand: Shin Ramyun) and they add seafood (squid +any seashell+shrimp).
Not that bad but nothing special about this dish.  




7. Sweet and Spicy Chicken 
(PhP 350 - 1/2 - Good for 4-5 people)
(PhP 600 - 1 whole - Good for 6-9 people) 

Think of Bon Chon but this is way much better. Authentic Korean spices and tastes good too. 
The chicken is crispy and tender + juicy inside (my mouth is now watering) 




8. Seafood Odengtang (Seafood and fishcake in soup) 
(PhP 400 - food for 3-4 persons) 

This one's spicy!
Odeng (fishcake) is one of my favorite Korean food. I suggest you try this. Odeng (fishcake) actually tastes like fishball but much better. 

This dish also has a generous serving of seafood and vegetables. Quite healthy. 








And the best part is:
The unlimited side dishes!!! 
Koreans usually eat one viand per meal but they have more than 2 side dishes whenever they eat. 
Most Korean restaurants include unlimited side dishes to their menu so do not be shy to ask for another plate of side dish.
Happy 6 Days serves 4 side dishes and they serve different side dishes every day (except for the Kimchi)







I love this place because: 
a. The place: It's small and home-y. The ambiance is good and I love the set up. 
b. The restaurant hours: They are open until 2 am. 
c. They deliver the food within Ortigas Area for free. 
d. The food is affordable. 
e. The staff are so nice and patient. The owner ALWAYS stays there. He greets you whenever you go inside and he says "thank you" in Korean whenever you leave.
f. Since you it is just as small restaurant, the staff would really know you by face. IF the owner recognizes you and notices that you usually eat at his place, he will give you FREEBIES!! 
(My colleagues and I usually eats there so he gave us free dishes twice!) 



Here's the free soup he gave us last time :) 



What I do not like: 
a. Well this one's understandable so I will not really call it a complain. There's no restroon inside the restaurant. The restroom is located outside. When you go out of the restaurant, you just walk at the end of the hallway and you will see the restroom. This is a bit inconvenient especially when you really need to pee ASAP. 






See the photos below to see how we enjoy the place: 

BURP!!!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment