Friday, September 12, 2014

My Black and White Affair - 30 days until our wedding - JMP Bridal Gowns, Invitations and Events Needs - Review

I was supposed to make a separate blog for my wedding but I just realized "why the heck make another blog when you already have one?"

I hate it when my conscience talks. 



I already posted something on http://www.mywedding.com/angeloandhazelle/ but I think it's much better to transfer them here :) 


**********************************************************************


The CHEAPSKATE. 




I am getting married on the 11th of October. My fiance and I decided to go for a civil wedding but my parents were a bit not-too-happy about that (especially my dad). I came from a big family and I'm the eldest. I will be the first one to get married in the family so my dad was like "What?!" when we told him that we would get married. Also, a civil wedding is not that costly and I am not a fan of weddings and all the preparation.


But ALAS! If they prefer a church wedding and I guess we had to give it to them. 


Four months of preparation. Just 4 months. I am working 12 hours a day and my fiance's also working Mondays to Saturdays. 


I didn't get any wedding coordinator because I wanted to be practical. I do not want to spend a lot on the wedding day itself because I want to be more prepared with our life AFTER the wedding day.


I only have 30 days left before my wedding and honestly, it's a very stressful journey. I never thought it would be this stressful and costly! (I am so sorry because I am just a certified 'kuripot'). 


I am glad that my fiance is so supportive and he's always there to encourage me. I know he is also stressed but he does his best to make us smile and laugh (if you are reading this, Dadi, I love you!!!! ^^)



The Wedding Invitation
JMP BRIDAL GOWNS, INVITATIONS, and EVENT NEEDS


Location: 

4B-17 4th Floor of 168 Mall

Website:
http://jmpbridalgownsinvitationseventneeds.webs.com/



First, we had to look for a good wedding invitation. I am not a fan of overly-decorated, perfumed-scented, over-the-top wedding invitations. I wanted a DIY wedding invitation wedding invitation but I just do not have the luxury of time to do that. :( 





Definitely not this: 
From: http://www.storkie.com/t-bizarre-wedding-invitations.aspx


Good thing we were able to find one in Divisoria, the heaven for shoppers. We were able to get it from JMP Bridal Gowns, Invitations, Events Needs located at 168 Mall. 

A wedding invitation for 60pesos / piece? Not bad. Less hassle. 


Here's a photo of their stall from their website: 





Here's what the invitation looks like:



We are going to have a black-and-white themed wedding so I opted to go for this very very simple design. 






 The MONOGRAM was personalized. I made it myself (of course with the help of the internet). 






This is what it looks like from the inside. Sorry for the blurry photo. 





I love the damask design of the invitation. 



There are three separate pages/paper - one for the bridal entourage, one for the location map and one for the RSVP card.  






Envelope was not included so I had to make one for each invitation. I placed a ribbon just to make it a bit pretty. I also printed 'name tags' just to add something







My fiance and I were not agreeing on this: I wanted stamps on the envelope. He doesn't. I am so sorry Dadi if you are reading this, but I placed stamps on some wedding invitations. (Please do not hate me for this...) 





How much did we spend?

We had to shell out 60pesos per invitation. Not really bad. :) JMP Bridal Gowns, Invitations, and Events Needs was communicating regularly with me about the design, the names etc. 


Overall, it was a hassle-free transaction. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment