Sunday, March 18, 2012

REVIEW: L'OREAL NEVER FAIL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK: A total WASTE of money.

ARGH!! I feel so bad that I bought this. I have been reading negative reviews from other bloggers about this item. Nevertheless, I still wanted this. But after trying L'OREAL NEVER FAIL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK, I wanna punch myself for wasting money.

I got the L'OREAL NEVER FAIL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK in #80  - Cinnamon.
This retails at around 900+ pesos.

The sleek case:) 




Comes in with the LIP COLOR/BASE COAT (1) and a TOP COAT (2)










I bought the # 80 - Cinnamon. This is the lip color/base coat




TOP COAT






Price: 
900+pesos at your local department store
         500+pesos online

What it promises:
1. Long and lasting color
2. Creamy and conditioning
3. High definition color
4. 16 hour lipcolour
5. Lightweight colour that won't flake or wear out


THE VERDICT: I am sooooooooooooo DISAPPOINTED! 


THE TRUTH IS: 
1. When I applied the Lipcolor/base coat, the texture was terrible. It was so difficult to apply. Does not glide smoothly on the lips. 


2. The lipcolor does not cover all parts of the lips. It was difficult to apply and it was absolutely FLAKY. The color was so uneven that I felt like I was cheated when I saw how it looked like on my lips.


3. The top coat was okay. It had a fruit-y, lipbalm-taste. 


4. I gave the item another shot but this time I applied a lip balm instead of the top coat. I still got the same result. Flaky and difficult to apply. 


5. I gave the item another shot. I first applied a lipbalm as my base. Then I applied the lipcolor then I put on the top coat. STILL THE SAME FLAKY RESULT.


6. And the 16-hour lipcolor?? I did not even have a chance to check it out because I could not go out of the house my lips looking so ugly. 






Here are the pictures of my lips using L'OREAL NEVER FAIL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK.
Pardon me for my not-so-goodlooking lips and facial hairs. But I was born that way :)

My Lips without any lip balm/lipstick/lip color



My lips using L'OREAL NEVER FAIL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK lipcolor #80 - Cinnamon 
Look at the uneven color and flaky parts. 



My lips using L'OREAL NEVER FAIL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK lip color #80 - Cinnamon and the Top coat. Still the same look. 

It was really a waste of money. I cannot even give this item to others since it's a MAJOR disappointment.


What I love: 
1. The Packaging. It comes in a sleek, compact silver case that can also serve as a mirror and good thing it was nice.

Anyways, life is just a series of trials and errors. Same goes with make-up ^_^




1 comment:

  1. yes you are very right. i have totally wasted my money on this product.
    I can easily apply and its looks good on my lips, I was happy at that time but within 15 min my lips starts irritation and its gets literally burning in 20 min. Ohh my god its so painful.. its long lasting polymer chemical not suits soft skin. very bad product i have purchased till today..

    ReplyDelete