Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Thoughts: Office catfights. Round 1. (Let us make 'parinig')

Argh. I would want to see a real catfight.

When women fight, we do not use our fists. We use the most powerful tool we have (not the vagina of course) - our TONGUE.

Well, admit it girls. When we hate somebody, we do not usually approach the person and say what we want to say. We use our tongue to make 'parinig'.
I was looking for an English term for the word 'parinig' but I couldn't find one.

For all of you Filipinas who have been living in your room for ages, 'parinig' is "INDIRECTLY" saying things you want to say (most oftenly AWFUL and rude things).
Lemme give a precise example.
Your officemate's breath smells like rotten cheese. If you do not have the guts to tell him "I guess you better make an appointment to the dentist since your mouth smells like awful." - you can use 'parinig'. Like whenever you pass his workstation, you can say: "Kelangan ko na magtoothbrush kasi mabaho ang hininga ko, ayoko magaya sa IBA DYAN NA BAD BREATH. - (I better brush my teeth because I don't wanna be like SOMEONE who has an awful breath.) referring to THAT person whose breath stinks. Or when you JUST HATE SOMEONE because of no apparent reason, you can do the 'parinig' stuff.

I hate how women (supposedly 'professionals') do that.

I sometimes wanna throw my office cup at those kind of people. They make the working environment so more stressful.

I just pity those pity who cannot say what they want to other people,, but instead they make 'parinig'.
Poor you girls, it's a sign of cowardice.

Next time, say it to me straight. If you cannot say it to me straight, then just stay where you are.
Or let's just make it fun, let's slap each other's faces - it'll be more fun.




Picture from: http://howtomanup.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/gender-inequality-solution-for-dummies-gender-equality-man-up-manup-how-to-man-up-howtomanup-women-me/women-fighting-4/





2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's instense. Well, I could relate to your post because I have the same thing about that "PARINIG" issue. It is actually the most unprofessional aspect in the working space or atmosphere instead of concentrating their work, they do such grapevines stuffs like gossips, prank comments or talk-backs. Like being said, these people don't have the soul to respect individuals, right? I don't really appreciate how people act like or do HYPOCRITIC actions to others. For me, I would rather keep quiet and not mind others saying about me or to somebody else because they are completely immature. I did once to those people (they were at the higher position at that time) whom I confronted privately because I could hear their murmurs, gossips and name-calling about others and even me. Instead of keeping my mouth shut, I was really bursted-out with anger and irritation about their actions of "PARINIG" because it was not funny at all. I told them that they should me more professional MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY; they should be fair and respect others' works instead of being PLASTIC to everyone. The more they put me or others down, I would rather talk and finish those kinds of issue they do. Nakonsensya sila sa mga nagawa nila sa ibang tao. Because of their guilt, they decided to resign. I feel sorry for those people though I had the gut to speak-up about their negative actions towards work because they were COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL. Kung anuman ang mga nasabi nila, babalik din sa kanila.

    Well, it is not the nicest thing to do such talk-backs in a working space; just like what I've said, it is very immature. It is better to keep quiet instead of having catfights or talk what is their problem so that they should stop making issues, right? Whatever they say, it will go back to them.

    Anyway, that's all I can say about your post. The lesson I've learned is be strong and stay focus. Don't mind others.

    God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience about this issue. I really appreciate your honesty and I totally agree with you.
      I hate how some people do this in the workplace. It's so unprofessional. I hope those people will learn their lesson.

      Thanks a lot for reading my post :)

      Delete