Sunday, November 11, 2012

REVIEW: AVON LIPSTICKS (Assorted)

Oh my!
I hate myself for not being on time. I hate it more when I am waaaaaaaaay too late for my schedule. 

This post was due last holiday (Nov. 2) I do not know why it took me so long to do this :(

Anyways, I'll be out for a while. Hmm.. dunno how long but I will be back soon. 
I took photos of the stuff I will write so that I can still post something ;) 




*************************************************************

One of my church-mate sells Avon products. I have the privilege to pay my orders from her within one month so I usually buy Avon products from her. Actually, I am a regular customer of Avon lipsticks! :) 

These Avon lipsticks are my every-day-must-have lippies. Aside from they are affordable (plus the fact that I can pay them within a month), these lipsticks works for me! ;) 

I have 11 assorted Avon lipsticks to show you. Unfortunately, I do not have a complete set of photos of myself wearing these lipsticks :( 



Okay, this is a lot. Lemme first give you a list of the Avon lipsticks that I will show you. 
(The italicized word is the description for each lipstick.) 


1. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K401 Ruby in Gold - Shimmer
2. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K100 Golden Rose - Shimmer 
3. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K102 Natural Gold - Shimmer
4. Ultra Color Rich  White Gold Lipstick - A300 Glazed Coral - Shimmer 
5. Smooth Minerals Lipstick - M01  Pink Quartz - Shimmer/Satin 
6. Ultra Color Rich Mega Impact Lipstick - C100  - Really Rosy- Satin
7. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M306 Coral Fantasy - Satin  
8. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M05 Lava Love - Satin 
9. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M105 Crushed Rose - Satin 
10. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M06 Knock Out Pink - Satin 
11. Avon's Simply Pretty ColorBliss Sparkles Lipstick - Plum Sparkles 







THE PRODUCT/s
- This is a lot so I would try to just give a brief description according the the type of lipstick. 
- Avon has a wide selection of lipstick to choose from. Here are the ones that I have. Got the description from the official website of AVON Philippines



a. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick 

 4 g
*Enhanced with pure 24K gold.
* Glides across lips leaving lustrous and shimmering flecks.

*I have 3 of these lipstick - RUBY GOLD, GOLDEN ROSE and NATURAL GOLD. 

*These lipsticks have' shimmering flecks'

*I love these because they keep my lips moisturized and at the same time they do not look too matte nor too shiny.











My personal favorite is the Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick in Natural Gold.  It looks so natural on my lips and those shimmering flecks are not too obvious.
This is my personal favorite! ^_^ 




b. Ultra Color Rich  White Gold Lipstick

3.6 g *Indulge in the luxury of real gold for sensuous sparkle and creamy lip color.

I just have one shade of lipstick for this. I never tried to buy another one because the shimmers/sparkles on this lipstick are too obvious. I love the color though so I might try to buy another one.

*And this lipstick really IS creamy! 







c. Smooth Minerals Lipstick 

3.6 gLuminous color that makes lips feel softer and smoother instantly. Fragrance-free, talc-free and preservative-free.
This is my least favorite. When I checked this out on the brochure, it looked 'pink' enough to put color on my lips but actually, it didn't. It looked more like a lipbalm with a touch of pink.
I was a bit disappointed with this one. 









d. Ultra Color Rich Mega Impact Lipstick


3 g
*SPF 15 *Exclusive Chromapixel Technology blends chromatic pigments with color-matched magnifiers to intensify, highlight and reflect each shade’s true color for mega definition, mega depth, and mega drama.

Ultra Color Rich Mega Impact Lipstick - Really Rosy is so far my favorite red lipstick. It doesn't look too-red and the color is just perfect. ;) 










e. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick 



3.6 g *Now formulated with Pomegranate Extract and Hydrolized Collagen for soft, young-looking lips bursting with vibrant color. *With SPF15 for sun protection.
My lips are really dry and tend to be flaky (I hate it). I am now using these lipsticks these days because they really hydrate my lips. :)
This line ( Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick) comes in Satin-finish (that's how they call it). No glittery or shimmery look. 


 Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M306 Coral Fantasy complements my skintone and it looks natural on my lips. 






Whenever my lips look pale on video, I use Avon's Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M05 Lava Love. Compared to Avon's Ultra Color Rich Mega Impact Lipstick- Really Rosy, Lava Love's shade is brighter. 




I am not used with this kind of shade but I still decided to get one. I am not a fan of plum shades but  Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - Crushed Rose has a subtle plum shade. 




 Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - Knock Out Pink is also a good shade. Not too light and not too dark. 






f. Avon's Simply Pretty ColorBliss Sparkles Lipstick - Plum Sparkles

*4 g-Sparkling medium to full color fnish with added natural moisture complex that helps lips retain moisture. Lips look instantly softer and smoother.
Avon's Simply Pretty is a line of makeup made for teens. I got this shade because I was in dire need of a darker lipstick that time. 
It cheaper compared the to lipstick I mentioned above. For this one, the color doesn't last that long but it's not too bad if you are not that lazy to re-apply. :) 








The SWATCHES: 

- Since I have 11 lipsticks here, I will just show the swatches all at once :) 
Please refer to this list for the names. 


1. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K401 Ruby in Gold - Shimmer
2. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K100 Golden Rose - Shimmer 
3. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K102 Natural Gold - Shimmer
4. Ultra Color Rich  White Gold Lipstick - A300 Glazed Coral - Shimmer 
5. Smooth Minerals Lipstick - M01  Pink Quartz - Shimmer/Satin 
6. Ultra Color Rich Mega Impact Lipstick - C100  - Really RosySatin
7. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M306 Coral Fantasy - Satin  
8. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M05 Lava Love - Satin 
9. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M105 Crushed Rose - Satin 
10. Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick - M06 Knock Out Pink - Satin 
11. Avon's Simply Pretty ColorBliss Sparkles Lipstick - Plum Sparkles 





These are the best photos that I have. Whew! I had a hard time with taking photos because this is the first time that I made 11 swatches at the same time.
I am still learning so please do bear with my photos :) 



This photo was taken under direct light. 









Here's a close-up photo. 
The first four has 'shimmers' and 'glitters': 
1. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K401 Ruby in Gold  
2. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K100 Golden Rose 
3. Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick - K102 Natural Gold
4. Ultra Color Rich  White Gold Lipstick - A300 Glazed Coral 
















Hmmm... I love these lipsticks especially the 
Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick line.
I don't have Snow White's lip color or Angelina Jolie's pouty-perfect lips so lipsticks are a must-have for me. Avon offers a variety of lipsticks and I am pretty sure you can find one that you will love. Aside from the price, I love Avon's advocacy in empowering women (I guess all women are familiar with their slogan : AVON, THE COMPANY FOR WOMEN.) 

(and I also get discounts too! ^_^) 

Will I buy these again? Of course! :) 
But I will try the other shades. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment