Saturday, November 3, 2012

REVIEW: ECORRE ARTIST BB CREAM

OLA!
Here is another (delayed!) BB cream review: Ecorre Artist BB Cream.  

I got this one together with Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream.

I was a bit skeptical to get this one but since it was on sale, I decided to give it try. 


*************************************************************************

THE PRODUCT
- Name: Ecorre Artist BB Cream
- It's a BB Cream from Ecorre
- I could not find an English website for Ecorre so I really do not have any idea about this brand. :(  Check this site if you want to take a look at their other products but unfortunately, everything's in written in Korean. -----> http://www.ecorre.co.kr/

- Content: 50ml 
- Price: PhP 550 - I got this from my beloved Han Ryu
- Shade: Comes in one shade only 
-
- Let's take a look at the packaging. 





I could not see any English translation on the packaging that says something about the product, directions for use or ingredients. 





- When it comes with the BB cream packaging, this is so far the SIMPLEST. It comes in a slim plastic tube and a nozzle.

- The packaging does not look (and 'feel') 'attractive' compared to others. This is not a minus point for me but I guess I am used to the elaborate / colorful / complicated (remember Skin 79 Oriental BB Cream?) packaging of BB creams. 






- THE PROMISES
* Has SPF 27, PA++
*Anti-wrinkle 
*Whitening 

Though the packaging is simple, I love the simple 'butterfly-and-grass' design. ^_^ 

-No English translation my dear ;) 



- This comes in plastic container tube with a nozzle. Honestly, I prefer airless dispenser pumps since there is no need to squeeze out the cream and it is less messy. 


- This is what I am trying to avoid. I am really quite meticulous about keeping my cosmetics/skin care products clean since I really have a pimple-prone skin. 



THE APPLICATION



- My brain is still on it's vacation mode so I am having a hard time thinking of what words to use so I can describe this product properly. I'll flood you guys with pictures ;) 


-CONSISTENCYEcorre Artist BB Cream is much watery than Skin79 Oriental Gold BB Cream
- SCENT: It has a powdery-foundation-cosmetic-like scent. (Similar with the regular foundation/facepowder that we use.) 




(The photos are arranged according to the time I took them

This photo was taken under direct light. 





This one's really watery.. 

- I spread the left portion to give you a comparison on what it looks like. Ecorre Artist BB Cream is easy to spread since of its consistency. 

- When I applied this on my hand, I had this feeling that this BB cream is way too light for my skintone. 








- This photo was taken around 10 minutes after application. 





Drum roll please!!!!
(Ahem, sorry for my pimple-studded face. I was so stressed when I took the photos + I was having my monthly period so all of the zits were trying to say 'Hi!' on the camera.



 - This is my pimple/blemish-infested face (I hate you stress!) ME without Ecorre Artist BB Cream



 - The LEFT side shows the part of my face with Ecorre Artist BB Cream. The RIGHT side shows a part of my face WITHOUT anything on.  





-And this is me WITH Ecorre Artist BB Cream.






 - Here are the BEFORE and AFTER photos. I cannot 
 (The photo on left shows my face WITHOUT the BB CREAM. The photo on the right shows my face WITH the BB CREAM.) 
 ;)

(Please click on the photo if you want to a larger view) 


If you will take a close look at this photo, Ecorre Artist BB Cream somehow minimized the 'look' of my large pores..... 



...but it did not do anything for my pimple scars :( 


...it also somehow minimized the redness of my zits. 





- And here's the before / after photo. 
Left: no BB cream ; Right: me using Ecorre Artist BB Cream


WHEW!!
Sorry I flooded you with photos. 


Here is my take on this BB Cream: 
*I have mixed 'feelings' for this. I don't love it that much and nor do I hate it too. 

The good thing about this is:  
*The coverage is quite good. I cannot say that this product gives full coverage since it did not do anything for my pimple scars. It minimized the look of my large pores and the redness of my zits. 


WHAT I DO NOT LIKE: 
1. The nozzle-type packaging - I think this is a bit messy. 

2. The shade is a bit too light for me. :( Unlike Skin79 Oriental Gold BB Cream and TonyMoly Luminous Aura BB Cream which are too light for my skin but matched my skintone right after application, Ecorre Artist BB Cream this one is way too light for my skintone and though it matched my skintone (after a 30 minutes or so), I still have this uncomfortable feeling that Ecorre Artist BB Cream is still too light for me.. :( 

3. I had to put powder (3W Clinic Professional) on after I applied Ecorre Artist BB Cream. I dunno if it had a dewy -finish or a matte-finish. It looked oily on my face. :( 

Here are some sample photos of: 





(*I used 3W Clinic Professional a.k.a Palgantong as my powder. I will be doing a separate review for this ) 




Hmmm.. will I purchase this again?
No. The shade is quite light for my skintone. I love the coverage but I had to apply powder after (which I think is a big hassle for me).
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I have a bunch of samples of this one but never got around to using them cos I hate that I can't seal them back. Ugh! But thank goodness I found your review! Now I can't wait to get home & try them!

    Jem,
    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!
    i am so sorry for the late reply.. but i am so happy i could help... enjoy the samples sis :)

    ReplyDelete