I cannot hold back my excitement! Finally, I am already done editing my photos for this review. (Actually, the editing of the photos is the one slowing me down in writing a blog. Hope I'll get used to it soon ^_^)
Here is my review on Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream.
WARNING: AGAIN, I love taking photos (although I am not a photographer and I do not have a keen eye for perfection that most photography enthusiasts are looking for). This review contains a lot of images and it may take some time for the photos to load. This review has a LOT OF PICTURES so that I can show you how good/bad the product is.
I bought this BB cream last week (check this: http://theunemployedfish.blogspot.com/2012/10/upcoming-reviews-skin-79-oriental-gold.html#.UIJHVm-R-So)
I think I was getting tired of having that matte-look so when I saw this at Han Ryu, I did not hesitate to get Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream.
I will go straight to the point on this one :)
- It's a BB Cream that comes with a Lip & Cheek Color.
- Name: Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream.
- Skin79 has different lines for their BB Creams. I actually tried the Skin79 Super BB Cream Pink (but I was not into blogging that time)
-Net Wt: 40 g
-PRICE: PhP 695 (of course from Han Ryu)
PhP 800 - 1500 (ebay.ph)
- Has SPF 30 PA++
- Promises: Wrinkle Improvement and Whitening
- Shade: comes in one shade
(I could not find an official English website for Skin79 so I got this product description from The BB Cream Shop.)
Skin79 Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream and Lip Gloss comes with triple functional benefits including whitening, wrinkle fighting and clearing skin tone whilst also protecting skin from damaging UV rays.Skin texture is refined, softened and enhanced through patented Oriental Tea Newplex and Peptatox Complex. A firming effect is created by Gold and Caviar extracts. Oriental Sue formula maintains skins ideal condition as it re-balances skin optimally. Skin is comforted and feels fresh after application. The built in intelligent lip gloss compartment makes it a perfect on the go touch up companion. Use daily, after basic skin care by massaging in lightly until it absorbs.
- It's a good thing the box has an English Product description (so at least we know).
-Whoa!! The ingredients are written in English. (I honestly did not know that a BB cream contains a LOT of weird strange stuff that I do not even know how to read/pronounce.)
-Here is what the BB Cream looks like. It comes in a bottle and the lip and cheek color is just found on the top of the cap. I actually could not describe the packaging in words (because honestly, this is the first time I have seen a product in a container like this)
|I love the color of the packaging. It's shiny and the gold color makes the product look 'expensive' LOL!!|
|The back part of the bottle.|
-This is what I am saying. The Lip and Cheek Color is found on the cap. Unlike other BB Creams, Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream comes with a mirror (whoever thought of this packaging, thanks for the mirror~)
|I love the mirror!|
-Again, Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream comes with a Lip and Cheek color.
- Now let's check what's inside.
-When I opened the cap, the first thing I looked for was the nozzle or a pump. I was surprised to see this!
- I honestly felt stupid because I did not have any idea how this works! I mean where does the BB cream comes out? Do I have to press something or turn the bottle upside down? Do I have to shout "BB CREAM OUT!"? Jeez. for a second there, my brain went blank.
- After my brains went back to it's normal state, I found out that you have to push the top of the pump so that the canister will dispense the cream. Jeez.
- And this is the reason WHY I hate the packaging. I think this is UNSANITARY. I have a pimple-prone skin and as much as possible, I keep everything I put on my face sanitary and squeak-y clean.
Here comes my favorite part! (I love trying BB creams)
- Again, the photos are arranged according to the time I took them.
- CONSISTENCY: Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream is a bit watery compared to Missha and Lioele (but not too watery).
-SCENT: It has a normal cosmetic / foundation scent. ( I can actually tolerate this kind of scent). Worry not for those who are a bit sensitive with the smell, because the scent disappears once you apply the cream.
- Because it is not too thick, Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream is easy to spread on skin.
- I personally think that the shade is way toooooooooooo light for my skintone.
-The LIP AND CHEEK color
(I was about to summarize my review when I remembered this! Pretty OLD me..)
I thought that the Lip and Cheek color was too pigmented but when I tried to use it (as a blush-on), the color looked so natural on my skin. It blended well with my skintone and it was so easy to apply. It's not too pigmented so it's perfect for those who are having a hard time applying blush-ons (OUCH!!!)
- It actually looks like a lip-gloss (but not as sticky as a lip-gloss).
|Reminds me of a lip gloss!|
-Alright, I'll be showing you guys photos of me using Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream. Please do bear with my face since I am having ugly breakouts these days because of stresssss!! argh!
NOTE: I am finally using another camera. I think was having problem with my HP digital camera and now I am using a Canon point-and-shoot camera. It was just last week that I've learned how to fix the settings of this camera.
- This is me WITHOUT Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream.
-Check the difference here:
-This is photo was taken just right after I applied the Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream. I REALLY REALLY THINK that this BB Cream is way too light for my skintone.
-COVERAGE: MEDIUM - One thing I really look for in a BB Cream is the coverage. This one did a good job in covering the redness of my pimple scars.
- The photo on left shows my face WITHOUT the BB CREAM. The photo on the right shows my face WITH the BB CREAM.
- Notice the 'dewy' look.
|These pimple scars were memories from my pre-pubescent stage - the time when I had a LOT of pimples. :(|
-It did not cover my pores well. (Notice the 'dewy'-look)
'WHEW!!!!' It took me like 2 days to decide, edit, label and post the photos. I hope it's all worth it. :)
Here is my take on Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream:
- This is NOT for those who wants a MATTE-finish. This BB cream is meant to give you that 'dewy' finish.
-FOR THOSE WITH OILY SKIN (like me): If you are going to use this, make sure you will stay in a cool place (somewhere that will not make you sweat a lot).
-FOR THOSE WITH DRY SKIN: This is your perfect match! It would work well on you guys because of that dewy finish. It also gives your skin a moisturized look.
-The coverage is good for dark circles under your eyes. It covered the redness of my pimple scars. :)
- First, I thought it was way too light for my skin. But after the BB cream settled on my skin, the look is just perfect!
Here is a photo of me few hours after applying the BB Cream. I did not use any powder or foundation after applying Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream
(Part of my job is to conduct demo classes and assess trainees / applicants through video. So I am obliged to look presentable. ~ Good thing the Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream matched my skintone after an hour or two, or else, I will look like a ghost.)
|Me during an demo in our virtual classroom.|
|Me, waiting for an trainee in our virtual classroom.|
1. I love the MIRROR that comes with the packaging.
2. I love the pink lip and cheek color. It was a good idea to put it on the cap (+the mirror!)
3. It did not give me any breakouts (no pimple or zit experienced).
4. The dewy-finish is just plain perfect. I have a very oily skin. Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream did not make me look like a frying pan with oil. :)
1. The packaging / canister made my head spin! This is the first time I saw that kind of packaging. I hate it because it is a bit unsanitary and it would take me time to clean / sanitize the top part before using it.
Will I buy this again?
- Yes! I need this especially when I am already bored with a matte-finish look. :)
I do hope you enjoyed my review. :)