Tuesday, October 2, 2012

REVIEW: BAVIPHAT MAGIC GIRL STAR GLAM - HIGHLIGHT PINK


I am a big fan of matte - matte-foundation, matte lipstick, matte blush-on etc. 

Then I just realize that I wanna try something new. So I decided to buy a highlighter just for a change. I got Baviphat Secret Recipe Magic Girls Star Glam Highlight - PINK (jeez. That's a loooong name!) . 

This is my first review for a highlighter. Hmmmm.. and I have mixed feelings for this product.



WARNING: AGAIN, I love taking photos (although I am not a photographer and I do not have a keen eye for perfection that most photography enthusiasts are looking for). This review contains a lot of images and it may take some time for the photos to load.




(Please click the photos if you want to enlarge the photos.) 
***********************************************


THE PRODUCT:
- This is a liquid HIGHLIGHTER  from Baviphat. 
- There are two shades for this highlighter - Gold and PINK. I will be doing a review of the PINK shade
- Baviphat does not have an English website :( I wish they have so I can take a look at their products (before I order them online) 
- Here's an English description for this product which I found on this website


Highlighter which can be used also as makeup base provides subtle luster that naturally blends in with the eye area, cheekbones, and nose to give volume and make face look smaller. Skin-fit polymer maintains skin clear and glossy for long hours. 
DIRECTION
Mix into makeup base or foundation for dazzling skin. On the last step of makeup, apply onto cheekbones and nose for smaller-looking face.
 


- PRICE: I got this on sale at 350pesos!!! (of course from my favorite online store -Han Ryu
- Volume: 15ml 
- It comes in a nail polish-like glass container (well actually, it looks more like a nail polish than a highlighter to me!)


It look's like a nail polish! 




The bottle is really cute. ^_^





Again, no English description for this. :( 




- I love the look of the box. When I bought this, I never thought it would be small! 


- The girl here also looks sooo pretty. 


















- And here's the nail poli.... Oh! the highlighter that I was talking about.. :) 
- It really looks like a nail polish me :) 
- THE SCENT: It has a weird / strange smell. It's like a mixture of nail polish (withou that strong chemical smell) + a liquid foundation.  It's not that too strong and the scent does not linger in your nostrils. 








WHAT'S INSIDE? 

- I am not that good in applying highlighters so I will just be showing you what it looks like (not on my face ^_^)
- It has a nail-polish-like consistency (think of a nail polish that has glitters in it). 


- Here is what it looks like under direct light. 




-And this is what it looks like when it is not under direct light. 



-Here are the combined photos of the Baviphat Secret Recipe Magic Girls Star Glam Highlight - PINK under different lighting, 









 - Here are the photos of Baviphat Secret Recipe Magic Girls Star Glam Highlight - PINK when it's applied to my skin. The photos are arranged according to the time I took the photos. Notice the changes. 






Here's a view from a different angle 






- And here are the photos after 20 minutes. 










- Check this :) 





- Here's my take on this liquid highlighter: 

WHAT I LIKE
- The packaging. Though it look like a nail polish, I love the look of the box and the color. :) 
- A little goes a long way. I guess that's why it comes only in 15ml.
- I like the glitter-y effect of this highlighter. 




CONS
- Staying power - lasts for only 4-5 hours for me. I think this is because of my oily skin. :( 
- The crazy, weird, funky scent. 
- No ingredients list written in English. Well, I wish they had so I could know what's causing the weird scent.


WILL I BUY THIS AGAIN?
-Hmm.. No. Not because I don't like it but I guess I am not too amazed with this. This is just a 'I-am-happy-I-tried-this' product. :) 

-I prefer to try other highlighters available and other products from Baviphat. 








No comments:

Post a Comment