Monday, January 7, 2013

REVIEW - ASIAN SECRETS Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub

Happy New Year!
This is a late greeting but better late than never :) 


Part of my New Year's resolution is to regularly write for this blog. I know it's nearly close to impossible but I am more determined these days. (Yeah!)

Anyways, here's my second review for the year. 


*************************************

I love scrubs. I love body scrubs. If it ain't too harsh to have a body scrub everyday, I would've used all of the body scrubs I know everyday. 

I'll be doing a review for Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub

Asian Secrets went on a hype I guess last 2011 and 2012. I've tried this one last 2011 but this blog wasn't born yet (or at least the blogger was still an embryo in blogging). 


THE PRODUCT:
Name: 
Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub
I guess its already obvious that this is a body scrub. 

Net Content: 135g 
Price: PhP130
Available at your local supermarket / stores / Watson's




This is the tub. It doesn't come with a spatula so better use a plastic spoon when you scoop the contents. 







Here's a complete (and official!) product description from UNILAB website: 


Ingredients: Tocopheryl acetate, Mineral Oil, Camellia Sinensis extract, Olive Oil, Glycerin, Squaline, Dimethicone, Titanium dioxide  
Dermatologist-tested 
Hypoallergenic 
Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment inspired by a most luxurious Indonesian ritual called Lulur. The ritual was originally intended for the bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen, and whiten her skin before her wedding day. Lulur originated from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia and products inspired by this traditional treatment are still used by Indonesian women today.  
The benefits of Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub:
It gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to soften the skin and give it a radiant glow.
  
Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone by getting rid of dark patches especially in areas prone to darkening such as the elbows, knees, armpits and the area between the thighs.
It contains Vitamin E and Green Tea extract, powerful antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young-looking.It also contains Squalene and Olive Oil that help maintain moisture in your skin.


And here's the direction on how to use the product: 
Scrub all over you skin especially the dark areas while it is dry to remove impurities, dead skin and dirt. Rinse with water. 




 Here's what's inside: 

The scrub has a cream-like consistency and has fine beads for exfoliating purposes. 

The scent: I LOVE THE SCENT. It smells like Tommy Girl!









  


Lemme get straight to the point on this.
THIS IS A MUST BUY if you are looking for an affordable but worth it body scrub. 

Here are the PROS: 
1. It's easily available at supermarkets and drugstores. No need to order online. 
2. It's affordable. The 135g tub is just PhP130 and I think the bigger tub is around  PhP250-280. 
3. The SCENT (again, the scent is similar to Tommy Girl) and it also lingers to your skin (but not for a long time though). 
4. The EXFOLIATING 'power'. Yes, this scrub DOES exfoliates. It leaves your skin feeling smooth after using. 
5. The SQUEAKY-clean feeling after each use. 
6. The beads are gentle and skin-friendly. Will not leave your skin red and irritated. 


CONS
1. The WHITENING-effect. I've finished around 2 tubs of this but I haven't notice the whitening effect. If you are after the whitening-effect, I guess this might not be for you. 

Is this a must-buy?
Yes, it is. :) 




30 comments:

  1. Pede po ba araw arawin ang paggamit nito?
    Wala po bang masamang effect kung sakali?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply. I was so busy with work..
      wala naman.. as long as you do not scrub it too hard on your skin :)

      Delete
    2. it whitens skin po ba with 1 tub? :)) I'll wait for your reply

      Delete
    3. nope..
      I still havent noticed the whitening effect on my skin

      Delete
  2. the whitening effect worked for me, im using the mulberry (purple) one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply. I was so busy with work..
      I am trying it too these days,.., hope it will work for me..

      Delete
  3. Hi sis! :) I'm having my first blog giveaway!I hope you can join! ;)

    http://www.pinayontheloose.com/2013/03/blog-giveaway-1-bonnes-summer-kick-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. hi! according to the instructions, it can be used everyday BUT i haven't tried that yet.
      Though I love body scrubs, my skin is also prone to drying. So I usually use body scrubs every other day,.,. ;)

      Delete
  5. hello :) .. I'm planning to use this product. Is it okay to use this kahit na may whitening soap na akong ginagamit yung whitening soap ko is Kojic soap by CY Gabriel??? so what do you think.. hope you will reply. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I also use soap after I use this scrub (But I use the Kojic Acid soap by Kojiesan)
      I did not have any problems with using both the soap and this scrub..
      I haven't experienced dry skin too :)

      Delete
  6. hi... if i used that scrub on my underarm. is it ok that i also use my deodorant?
    thank you.. looking forward for your response. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I haven't noticed any side effects using this product and using a deodorant afterwards,, :)

      Delete
  7. My Dear

    thanks for this excellent review of the Lulur Scrub , can you please advise if it’s made in Philippines or Indonesia
    and where to buy it
    Regards

    Ahmad

    maram_kuwait@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi!
      This product is actually made in the philippines :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, tanong ko lang po kung pede sayang gamitin sa underarm?. Wla b syang side effect na tipong prang mangingitim? Hope you should relpy tnx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! i also use this product for my underarm.. and wala po akong napansin na pangingitim/darkening.. so in my opinion it is safe to use.. :)

      Delete
  9. tanong ko lang pwd po ba sya gamitin sa mukha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi!
      Hmmm,,
      walang nakalagay sa label if we could use it for the face..
      And based sa consistency nang product, mukhang hindi siya pwede sa face.. :(

      Delete
  10. hi! effective po ba to? does this truly whiten our dark skin areas? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! :)
      I've used 2 jars already pero wala akong napansin na 'whitening' effect...
      It makes my skin smooth every after bath but no noticeable whitening sa mga dark skin areas :(

      Delete
  11. Hello. After you use the scrub on your body, do you have to leave it for a certain minutes?

    I used the scrub for 3 days on my face now and i've got no negative effects. Actually I noticed my pimple marks disappearing. I'm not sure though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! :)
      After using the scrub on my body, I usually leave it there for 2-3 minutes and I haven't noticed any negative effects.. :)
      I am happy to hear that this product does something good about your pimples :)

      Delete
  12. hi po bibili palang po ako bukas ano po ba mai aadvice nyo po sakin about sa product ? i'm 17yrs old . tsaka ano po bang solution sa mga pimple marks ko po ? salamat po . i will wait for your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Actually this product is safe for your age. Just follow the directions written and walang magiging problem. ^^
      But I do not advice you to use this for your face. Hindi ko pa na-try but this product is for the body.

      For pimple marks, my dear, that's also my problem. :(
      Marami din ako niyan.. mahirap na siya mawala since naging peklat or scars na siya. What I do is look for a good CONCEALER para natatago :)

      Delete
  13. ive use it last 2012 and i get whiter but after i swim on the beach and get tan , my skin became normal again LOL... and now i'm using the green one i almost finish the whole jar but i see no difference .last 2012 when i use it it only take a half jar to see the result but now i don't think so

    ReplyDelete
  14. gagamit pa po ba ng deodorant pag tpos gumamit nito?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading :)
      Yes we still need to use deodorant after using this because ang purpose lang naman nang product na ito is to whiten, not as anti-perspirant :)

      thanks and I hope nakatulong ako :)

      Delete
  15. Hello po:) Kapag po ba nag apply ako niyan sa whole body ko po pwede ko po ba gamitan din nang kojicsan? Pano po ba? Pwede po bang mag sabon po muna ako whole body nang kojic then apply ko na po yung asian secret sa body ko? Please reply

    ReplyDelete