Monday, June 24, 2013

REVIEW: BAVIPHAT Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum PRIMER

Whoa!
Well hello to me! I've been out for almost a month. (Well not almost, should I say more than a month.)
I've been VERY busy with work these days. I really miss writing reviews and ranting about stuff. I have a lot of items waiting in line to be reviews but it seems I was in a "I ain't got time for that" mode.

Well I am back with a simple review on : BAVIPHAT Secret Recipe Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum Primer (Whew! I hope they were able to think on a shorter name for their product!)


*********************************************************************
I am so addicted to having a "smooth-looking, blemish free" face. I guess that's one of my insecurities since I've suffered years of having acne on my face. I also have problems with oiliness so I am still in search for products that can somehow control oil production. 

I am honestly a newbie when it comes to using PRIMERS. So when I found out that primers can actually control oil production and makes make up stay longer, I suddenly had the urge to grab one and here's my first ever PRIMER ;) 


Product NameBAVIPHAT Secret Recipe Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum Primer
(*Baviphat is a Korean brand)

How much: Hmmm.. I honestly could not remember! I am so sorry, I got this one on sale from my favorite online shop on Facebook: Han Ryu (click the link/name if you want to be directed to the online shop webpage). 

Content: 35ml

Unfortunately, the official website of BAVIPHAT is Korean! 
I am so sorry I couldn't give you the official description of the product.  


There are the reasons why I bought this primer: 
*BAVIPHAT Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum PRIMER promises to control sebum (oil) production. 
*Promises to leave your skin a matte-finish (I LOVE MATTE!)
*Minimize enlarge pores (I don't know if it really promises to minimize enlarged pores or if it make the enlarged pores look small). 


I found a picture from an online store (http://www.eopenmarket.com/baviphat-under-my-skin-goodbye-sebum-primer-35ml.html?sl=EN






Anyways, here's the actual product: 







I love the packaging. Comes in a glass/bottle type of packaging with a pump. And the glass bottle is thick and a bit heavy.. 



No English translation :( 



The downside of the packaging is the plastic cap. It's easy to remove especially when you place the product inside your bag. 

Love the pump ^_^





And now this is what BAVIPHAT Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum PRIMER looks like: 



It's in a gel-like consistency. BAVIPHAT Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum PRIMER is easy to apply on your skin and it leaves your skin a 'powder-y' feel.

THE SCENT: it has the usual cosmetic-like scent but not to strong. The scent does not linger too long on your skin so you will not have a problem with that. :) 




THE APPLICATION:
I honestly do not have any idea how to show you if a primer is effective or not (this is my first time to do a review on a primer) so sorry if my photos could not show the effectiveness of this product. BUT I assure you that I will give an honest-to-goodness review on this. 



For this review, I''ll be using the help of my favorite must-have-FOUNDATION - REVLON COLORSTAY Mineral Foundation


My ever-loving companion ;) 




The 'feel': Compared to other gel-like or liquid make up or foundation, this one has a powder-y feel. It doesn't feel oily. It's like your applying powder on your skin in gel-form. 
(argh. I am running out of adjectives to describe this.) 




This is my "naked" look. No make-up. Nothing. No powder or lipgloss. 
BOO!!!



Here's my face with and without the primer.
Honestly, you will not notice the difference from afar. Try to check out the close up photos. 










Close up photos: 







I hope you can see the difference. 

Here' my take on this product:

BAVIPHAT Under My Skin Goodbye Sebum PRIMER is my first ever primer. I was a bit hesitant to purchase this but I was able to convince myself to buy this product when I read the words "GOODBYE SERUM".


This product promises to: to control sebum (oil) production
My verdict: Yes it did! 
Yes, it kept the oiliness at bay for around 8 hours. Good enough if you are really, really busy to retouch. 



This product promises to: hide pores and fine lines
My verdict: Hide pores? Not really. 
Made my pores look small? Yes it did.
Hide fine lines? Nope it did not. 
From what I see on the pictures, the product made my pores look small but not hide them. Not bad because at least my pores are not that obvious from afar. 



This product promises to: leave your skin a matte-finish.
My verdict: YES YES YES!
Once you apply the product, it leaves your skin smooth making your skin a "perfect canvas" for make-up.
The make up was pretty much easy to apply and the make up really stays long on your skin. 




One thing that concerns me the most whenever I try new product is that I might have zits/pimples. 
During my first 3 tries on applying this, I had around 1-2 zits. I think my face got used to this product since I do not experience break-outs anymore. 


Will I buy this again?
Yes I will! 












2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I currently live in Korea and was wondering where I can find this product? You sold me near the end about sebum control. My oils just seep through my bb cream (skin food aloe SPF20) after like..2 hours. I never considered using primer before make-up,just moisturized (new to this make-up scene).

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! Thank you so much :)
      I currently live in the Philippines and I bought this product online.
      The online seller gets these product from South Korea.

      I love this product because it does a great job in controlling the oil production.. :)

      Delete