Wednesday, July 10, 2013

REVIEW: NATURE REPUBLIC'S SIMPLE MAKING GEL EYE LINER 01 BLACK

Hi there!
It's 1:42 am and I've decided to write something about my recent project.
For the past few months, I've been turning green with envy because my colleagues were all showing their prowess in putting on eye makeup. So I have decided to LEARN the "how's and what's" on applying eye makeup. 



Let's go down to memory lane.....
I have problems with eye makeup because when I was in college, I had two eye surgeries because of CHALAZION. According to American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, a chalazion is a bump in the eyelid that is usually about the size of a small pea although it is occasionally smaller or larger. Well in layman's term, it's like a 'pimple' on your eyelid and it happens when a duct (and opening) get blocked. According to my doctor, these ducts can get blocked because of makeup or dirt.
In short, I was traumatized with the two surgeries I had so I never learned how to put eye makeup on. 



Back to the present....
I am a LATE-BLOOMER when it comes to eye makeup so please bear with me on this. I am a newbie so I will not do tutorials on how to put eye make up on but I will just give you my review on my VERY FIRST gel eyeliner: NATURE REPUBLIC'S SIMPLE MAKING GEL EYE LINER 





LEFT: Nature Republic Simple Making Gel Eye Liner 01 -
RIGHT: Lioele Bubi Bubi Mascara #4





What?
PRODUCT NAME: SIMPLE MAKING GEL EYE LINER 01 BLACK from Nature Republic

Capacity: 4g

Comes in two shades: 01 - Black 
                                       02 - Dark Brown

How much? 245 pesos at Han Ryu
(Note: Han Ryu is an online store in Facebook. Please note that I am not being paid to give reviews about all the products that I bought from her nor was I paid to endorse or advertise her shop here on my blog. I am just informing you guys about the product and where I got the product. Thanks!


NATURE REPUBLIC'S SIMPLE MAKING GEL EYE LINER comes in a neat looking glass jar. I love the design and I love the fact that it comes with an eyeliner brush.







Uh-Oh! No English translation :( 




Come with an eyeliner brush. For a newbie like me, I would prefer this to save money.  ^_^





Now let us see what's inside. 
(NOTE: I've tried this product so many times before I did this review. )








The APPLICATION:

Since this is also my first time to write a review on eyeliners, please bear with me if I miss something. But I assure you that I will write an 'honest-to-goodness' review about this. 



This is the first application. I dunno but I think my eyeliner is already dry :(
 I better do something about this because the money is sayang - (would be put to waste) (*panic mode)




I tried to apply the gel eyeliner twice and here's what it looks like: 





I had no problems applying NATURE REPUBLIC'S SIMPLE MAKING GEL EYE LINER. It's quite easy to apply. 


I placed an arrow point to one part of my eyelid in this picture. If you notice that I had a part where I wasn't able to apply the product evenly. By this time, I am pretty sure that the eyeliner is starting to dry up (just correct me if I'm wrong with my conclusion). 
But I assure you that I had no problems applying this gel eyeliner. 




These are photos of my right eye with and without eyeliner. 
The left photo shows my eye without eyeliner. 
The right photo shows my right eye WITH eyeliner. 



MY VERDICT: 
The problem with my eyes is that they do not have creases. A typical Asian eyelid. So the challenge for this product is NOT TO SMUDGE whenever I blink. 

Here's my take on this. 
I like it because:
1. It comes with a brush (not unlike other gel eyeliners in a small jar wherein you have to buy the brush separately. 
2. It was easy to apply ('glides' smoothly) 
3. It does not have any unpleasant scent. 
4. It did not give me any breakouts nor did it irritate my skin. 


What I do not like: 
1. It SMUDGES after an hour or two! (*sad face*) 
The lasting power is not that good. It just lasts for an hour or 2 (3hours the most) and it smudges and I started to look like a panda.

2. It's strange that is smudges but if you will try to remove it with soap and water, it's quite difficult to remove the traces of the eyeliner. 


I can't say of this is a good eyeliner because I do not have any point of comparison for this. SO for now, I will leave it up to you guys to decide whether this eyeliner is a must-buy or just a 'i-wanna-give-it-a-try'. 

Will I buy this again?
Let's see in the future. I still have two eyeliners to try ^_^ 









1 comment:

  1. Eh, I think this eyeliner is really similar (almost same, really) to the Lioele and Tonymoly gel liners. Same format, too! I think I'll pass on this one~ But thank you so much for the review! *___*

    Would you like to follow each other on Blogloving/GFC? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete