Friday, December 5, 2014

My Black and White Affair: The Wedding Ring - Matus Jewellery Review

(Note: I am not paid to do this review nor a paid promotion.  I am just sharing my experiences through this blog. Enjoy reading!)


I am not a fan of jewelries. 

I love make-up and BB Cream but not jewelries. I love sneakers but not jewelries. I love cakes, ice cream, cheesecake and sweets, but not jewelries.

Same goes with my husband. He is not into wearing anything that is "shining, shimmering, splendid".  


That's why when my husband and I were trying to shop for a wedding ring, we looked for a simplest wedding rings we could find.


My co-worker told me to go to Ongpin and recommended a shop where her mom usually buys jewelries.I have read a lot of good reviews about the wedding rings from Ongpin. I've read that the jewelry there are affordable. Unfortunately, I had two concerns. First, I do not have any idea how to go to Ongpin and I have never been there. My husband and I were both working and we spend our weekends preparing for the wedding.  Going to Ongpin means we have to spend the whole day just to look for wedding rings. Second, my husband and I are both amateurs when it comes to jewelry. 


So again, I had to ask help from my bestfriend, Mr. Google. After reading threads, blogs, and countless reviews, I saw Matus Jewellery



Photo from: http://weddingrings.com.ph/matus/




I was glad to know that Matus Jewellery is located at the 5th level of SM Megamall. 


My husband and I checked other jewelry shops in Megamall before going to Matus. We spent the whole afternoon going to every single jewelry shops in Megamall, asking for their designs, the prices, and the services that they could offer. We were very particular with the design and the price.  After checking out almost every jewelry shops in Megamall, my husband and I finally decided to get our wedding  rings in Matus Jewellery


Here are the reasons why I personally chose Matus Jewellery to make our wedding rings: 


1. As soon as we got inside the shop, we were accommodated immediately by the friendly owner. It was a woman and I was pretty sure that she was one of the owners of the Matus (Matus Jewellery is owned by Alain and Mye Siscar - got this info from their website). 


2. They answered all of our questions and was very patient with us. I do not have any idea about gold or jewelry. It's a bit scary to invest a big amount of money for wedding rings if you do not have any idea what to buy and where to buy.

They were so patient with us during the fitting and gave us detailed information about the wedding rings that they were offering. 

3. Honestly, among all the jewelry shops we had visited that day in Megamall, Matus Jewellery had the best offer. Their wedding rings were much affordable than the other shops. Almost the same design, same karat, but the price in Matus was like 10-20% cheaper. 


4. They offer a good after-sales service. Warranty, cleaning services, etc. 



We had our fitting on our first visit, gave our down payment on our second visit and got our wedding ring after two weeks. We even got to talk to the owner when we picked up our wedding rings. He was such a nice and cheerful man. :) 

I love our wedding rings (and thanks to my beloved grandfather who 'sponsored' our wedding rings). 







Overall, the transaction was hassle-free and I am one satisfied customer. And YES, Matus Jewellery is the best alternative if you do not want to go to Ongpin. :) 





MATUS BOUTIQUE
5th Level, Mega Atrium 
Megamall, Mandaluyong City 
(02) 706 5391; 0918 902 1154 
infomatus@gmail.com



*Update:
It has been two years since I got married and every Oct. 11 (our wedding anniversary), my husband and I would always get a greeting through text from Matus. ^^





3 comments:

  1. Hi Hazelle!

    I was thinking of getting wedding rings from Matus and i was just wondering how much your rings cost because i actually really like them! I'm in the same boat as you were as i have no idea how to buy jewelry. I don't mean to intrude on your privacy, butIf you could help me out with the price range of their rings, i would really appreciate it! I live overseas so it's i can't personally visit the store so any input would be appreciated.

    It would really help me get an idea on how much to save up.

    Many thanks and congratulations to you two!

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Nigel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! They actually have wedding rings for as low as Php 23,000. :)

      You can check out their website: http://weddingrings.com.ph/matus/

      Delete
  2. So many different types and styles of both Engagement Rings, guaranteeing that you and your partner will surely be able to find the perfect ones for you. buy wedding jewelry

    ReplyDelete