Wednesday, December 24, 2014

REVIEW: NATURE REPUBLIC Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

I am so glad that there's a Nature Republic store near our place. Every time I pass by the shop, I have this urge to buy at least something. I know my husband will hate me for this. ^^


And here's one of my 'impulsive buys' - the Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. 






Let's start with the basics: 


*Product Name: Nature Republic Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (name's a bit long!) 


*Content: 300ml (It's really big!)

*Packaging: Comes in a big plastic jar. 
*Price: PhP 245 (this is the real reason why I bought this. It was cheap!) 




Nice to know that there is an English translation for the directions and the ingredients. :) 






What is it for?
Well here's a photo that I grabbed from Nature Republic's website. 

https://www.naturerepublic.com/eng/product/detail.jsp?nseq=3&line_cd=1&sPage=1






My mom used to put aloe vera (the real aloe vera) on my hair when I was young. We had a pot of aloe vera plant in our veranda and my mom cuts a piece or leaf. She then takes out the gel-like part of the plant and puts it on my hair. She gently massages my hair and leaves it for around 5 minutes.  I must admit, I had good, soft, easy-to-manage hair before I decided to dye it. Aloe Vera did wonders on my hair. 



When I got home, I was so confused why I bought the product in the first place. (Oh! the impulsive me!) 


According to Nature Republic, there are 8 ways how to use Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel




I have tried NATURE REPUBLIC Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel on my skin and nails. And I honestly love it!



 The jar contains a LOT of gel! 

*Scent: Smells refreshing and cool. I actually  don't know how to describe it but it does smells like aloe. :) 





It feels a little cool on the skin once you apply it. Not the kind mint-kind-of-coolness. 




It's easy to apply on the skin. It feels a little sticky as it dries but once that once it dries, your skin will have that 'matte-like' feeling. 


It's also very light on the skin. No itchy feeling and it dries up  fast! The best part is you can use if for almost every part of your body (almost...) 



These are the reasons why I love this product: 


1. It's a perfect make-up base + moisturizer in one

- I do have my good 'ol moisturizer and serum that I apply before I put on my BB cream, concealer and powder. This routine would take around 15-20 minutes (since it takes a long time to wait for each to be absorbed by the skin). 
BUT whenever I am in a hurry, I apply NATURE REPUBLIC Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel, then wait for it to be absorbed by my skin , apply BB cream and off I go. NO BREAKOUTS experienced. 

2. It soothes and hydrates my dry skin


3. It also reduces the appearance of bumps on arms cause by 'chicken skin' . 

- I have a mild Keratosis Pilaris (commonly known as 'chicken skin') on my arms. To reduce the bumps, I moisturize every time. I noticed that the gel  moisturizes my arms with a non-sticky feel. :) 

4. It's a good quick fix for swollen eyes. 

- I hate it whenever I wake up and get swollen eyes. I get swollen eyes from crying at night, sleeping late, and even sleeping too much! But the gel is a perfect fix.
 As soon as I wake up, I apply the gel under my eyes. Then I do what I need to do (eat, fix, check my phone, take a shower, check my phone again..~). Then I apply it again under my eye before putting my make up on. Before I go out of the house, my eyes are all back to normal again :) 

5. It's also a wash-off mask!

- Whenever I run out of sheet mask, I use this as an alternative. I leave it on my face for around 10-13 minutes then I wash it off with water. No dry feeling, no breakouts. Just a moisturized face.

6. A little goes a long way. 


7. It's affordable! 

-No further explanation required. 

I haven't tried this on my hair and nails yet. Overall, I LOVE THIS! It's now an official part of my MUST-HAVE items.   











No comments:

Post a Comment