Sunday, February 21, 2016

REVIEW: Ninak

Last Valentine's day, my husband and I decided to eat lunch at Ninak. I saw a friend post pictures of their food from this restaurant - the food looked yummy. I was able to "force" my husband to try Ninak. :)

And the trip from our place to Kapitolyo, Pasig was all worth it. Just a quick update: I found out that they have already moved to a new place since January 9, 2017. You may check out their Facebook Page for more updates. 


Here's a quick review of the dishes we ate. 

Ninak is located at Kapitolyo Pasig and it's just walking distance from the main gate of Kapitolyo (but since we were so 'tamad', we decided to take a tricycle instead). 

We arrived at Ninak at around 12:30 and we were so famished.
There were just a few people in the place so we got seated on the first floor. We were close to the kitchen that we could smell the dishes being prepared. 



I got so excited that I forgot to take a photo of their menu. :( You can check out - Zomato for the menu.

We ordered a lot! 


First on our list was the Chicken Satay (PhP 270). It was awesome. The chicken was cooked well and was full of taste. The salad complemented the satay. 



We also got the Tilapia with Tamarind Sauce. (I can't seem to find this in their menu online so I can't give the price for this). The fish was cut into fillets, breaded and fried. Tamarind sauce was poured over the dish and topped with fried cilantro (?) and red bell peppers. And yes, it was delicious. :) 



This is the best Bagoong Rice (PhP 190) evah!  It's good for 2-3 persons but my husband and I finished this off. Complete with pork, chilli, green beans, green mango, shallots, scrambled egg and lime, it's already a meal itself. 





Why would we forget the Pad Thai (PhP 230)? This one is the best Pad Thai I've ever tasted. The noodles were cooked well. Has strips of chicken, scrambled eggs, bean sprouts, a decent amount of chili, cilantro and peanuts. What would go wrong with this dish? :) 


There were only two of us but we ate all of these. ^^



There is always room for dessert no matter how full I am :) We ordered their Red Ruby (PhP130). It's like our halo-halo but instead of a smorgasbord of ingredients, this dessert has sweetened water chestnuts, jackfruit and coconut milk. The taste is very refreshing. 




Ninak is now our to-go restaurant for Asian dishes. The staff are also accommodating and the service was fast. For our next visit, we will try other dishes like their Lamb Curry, Beef Belly, Laksa, and Grilled Vietnamese chicken. Can't wait. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment