Tuesday, March 10, 2015

REVIEW: REVLON Colorburst Lipgloss - Sunset Peach, Hot Pink, Crystal Lilac, and Fire

I am not into lipgloss because I lips feel oily, sticky, and heavy on my lips. I have tried a lot of lip gloss and they felt like butter. But if they are given for free, well I would be glad to use them! :)


I got four shades of Revlon Coloburst Lipgloss from my mom and I'll be showing you the swatches. 











Based on Revlon's website, REVLON Colorburst Lipgloss comes in 13 shades. You can check out the other shades here: http://www.revlon.com/products/lips/lipgloss/revlon-colorburst-lipgloss#309972818584||0


The description says that these lipgloss give Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather


Features:
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you! •Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather•Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color•The Elasticolor™ technology™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel•Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture•Available in 15 vibrant, on-trend shades

Price: The last time I checked the mall price, each lipgloss costs PhP 545.






The three shades that I have are:

010 Hot Pink 
022 Sunset Peach
018 Fire 
002 Crystal Lilac







The packaging is classy and I like the applicator. 



010 Hot Pink 

 










022 Sunset Peach






018 Fire 








002 Crystal Lilac
I forgot to take a picture of the whole lipgloss tube. Ooops! :/




My first impressions: 
1. I love the packaging. The applicator is a bit thin enough to hold the right amount of gloss for the lips.
2. There was no terrible scent. 


And here are the swatches: 





Sunset Peach, Hot Pink and Crystal Lilac all have shimmers but if you will notice, the shimmers in Crystal Lilac are very fine compared to the two. The shimmers are not easily seen once worn on your lips. 

Fire is definitely my favorite! No shimmers and it can actually be worn without lipstick. 


Of all the lipgloss that I have tried, REVLON Colorburst Lipgloss is just the best. 

1. The glitters / shimmers are very fine - just enough to put a bit of OOMPH to your lips. 
2. Non-sticky and the lipgloss doesn't feel heavy on my lips. 
3. Can be used alone (lips look natural) or worn on the top of your lipstick to enhance color.  
4. Easy to apply - the gloss glides easily on my lips. 
5. Doesn't dry my lips. 


The downside: 
1. The staying power is not that good - lasts for like 3 hours without eating and drinking, 1-2 hours with light snacks, and just an hour with all the eating, drinking, and chatting. :( 



I am still not a big fan of lipgloss because I guess I am not used to using them but if I were to choose, I would highly recommend REVLON Colorburst Lipgloss. 




No comments:

Post a Comment