Monday, February 23, 2015

REVIEW: PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit

Though I have monolid eyes, I still adore eyeliners. Monolid means there is no prominent crease on my eyelids. 

I have tons of eyeliners that I haven't used because my eyes do not have creases on its lids and next, my eyelids are too oily. The eyeliners would just smudge after an hour or two. Then I start to look like this: 



Image from: http://hairextensions-usa.com/?tag=most


or worst, this: 



Image source: http://www.popsugar.com.au/beauty/Picture-Taylor-Momsen-Wearing-Lots-Black-Eyeliner-10474525

Well, okay I am exaggerating. ;) 



Anyways, I still love eyeliners and let me share one of my loot: PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit 





The Product: PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit 

 It's a 5-color waterproof eyeliner set from Peripera, a Korean brand. 



Price: Uhm. I am so sorry, I forgot how much this kit cost. I think around PhP 600 - 700 I guess. I bought this from Han Ryu





Packaging: It comes in a box and the eyeliners are enclosed in a tin. I lost the box when I moved in together with my husband. 


The tin packaging reminds me of my pencil cases when I was in elementary. :) It actually looks like a casing for pens and markers! 








The case is not really that big compared to the pencil cases that we have when were in elementary (or when I was in elementary school). 



And the eyeliners really look like colored pencils :) 






I tried checking out Peripera's website for other information about PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit  but the whole website is in Korean. I couldn't find an English version of it. Here's a photo that I got from an Ebay seller. 



Photo from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PeriPera-Waterproof-Pencil-Gel-Liner-Kit-Peris-Sunny-5-Colors-Set-Smoothie-/201250683178

As you can see, PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit has 5 colors:
1. SPARKLE BLACK 

2. NIGHT PURPLE 
3. GLITZ BLUE 
4. JADE GREEN 
5. CHAMPAGNE GOLD 


Here are the actual eyeliners: 





Sorry for the blurred photo :/


And here are the actual colors. I am currently using this gel liner kit so I have already sharpened some of them. 


The eyeliner pencil itself is not made of wood, not like the pencil that we use for writing. It's more of a plastic-type of eyeliner. It's easy to sharpen though. 




Sparkle Black



Night Purple 
(It looks black in the photo but in actual, it's dark purple in color.) 




GLITZ BLUE



JADE GREEN 




CHAMPAGNE GOLD


There we have it. Now let's try to check out the swatches. 






These eyeliners are creamy, easy to apply, and sets in immediately. The colors are glittery (and cute). 



These babies are also smudgeproof and WATERPROOF. Yeah, really waterproof that it takes a makeup remover to remove them all completely. 






I tried rubbing to remove them but these eyeliners are sure difficult to remove. 

I had to use Etude House Lip and Eye Remover (it's a make up remover - with a 'scary' name) to remove the eyeliners (here's the my review of Etude House Lip and Eye Remover - http://theunemployedfish.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-etude-house-lip-and-eye-remover.html)



Things I love about PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit

1. The PACKAGING - The packaging is amazing and unique. I can actually recycle that tin afterwards. 

2. The SHADES - The SHADES are not boring. 


3. It's easy to apply. The gel liners are creamy and feels lightweight once applied. It also dries fast which saves me a lot of time. 


4. Waterproof and Smudgeproof 

(NOTE: If you have oily eyelids, you really have to put on some eye primer or concealer to make sure the eyeliner will last. I have overly productive oil glands that if the oil my face is producing could be used to run cars, I would probably be so rich right now. I tried using PERIPERA Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner Kit WITHOUT WEARING any primer and after 4 hours of wearing the eye liner, I could see that the lines starting to smudge.) 

and I just have one concern about this: 

The eyeliners are very glittery that it's a little bit difficult to remove at the end of the day. I also got chalazion (the cousin of sty) twice so I am very careful with eye make up, let alone eye make up with glitters. 


There goes my review. :) 

Will I purchase it again? 
Let me try other ones. I still have hundreds of eyeliners to try :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment