Sunday, May 4, 2014

REVIEW: SOPHIE PARIS LIPSTICK in Summer Pink and V.I.Pink

I am back to make another review for lippies! 


I am still searching for that perfect pink lipstick that will match my lips and skin tone. Three weeks ago, one of my officemates told me she bought a pink lipstick from another officemate who sells Sophie Paris products. The shade looked so good on her so that weekend, I decided to visit the nearest Sophie Paris store near our home. 


It was my first time to buy lipsticks from Sophie Paris. I checked out all the colors and they all looked pretty! I had to control myself because first- I didn't have enough money, second -this is my first time to buy lipsticks from Sophie Paris so I am not quite sure if I would love 'em or hate 'em and the third but most important reason - I am trying not to IMPULSIVELY buy everything that I will touch.


So I just bought two. 

Since I am still in search for that perfect 'pink' lipstick, I decided to get: V.IPink and Summer Pink. 







Product Name: Sophie Paris Lipstick 
Shades: Comes in 10 shades.

1. Russian Red
2. Fantastic Red 
3. Red Wine
4. Red Pepper
5. V.I Pink
6. Ice Pink
7. Summer Pink
8. Mango Peach
9. Caramel Sugar
10. Velvet Nude


I'll be doing a review for Summer Pink and V.I.Pink.

Net Wt. 3.8 g

Price: (Hold your breath!) It's only 85 pesos! 
This is a good news for me since I am on a tight budget these days. 


The Packaging
Comes in an elegant-looking plastic packaging. Looks nice and classy. My only concern is the label easily comes off the plastic packaging. 





And here are the shades that I have: 



V.I.Pink
It's nice because the expiration date is clearly written.
Made in Indonesia




Summer Pink


My first impression: The colors look nice :)
The lipsticks smells like ordinary cosmetics. No sweet or sugary smell. 



Here's the real test: 



Photo taken under direct light


And here's what they look like on my lips. Again, forgive me for I do not have that goddess-like lips. :) I didn't use any lip concealer, lipbalm or lipgloss.





NO LIPSTICK 


Using SUMMER PINK 




Using V.I.Pink

It's more of a matte finish but I think in these photos, they look glossy. 

Summer Pink is like a nude pink lipstick while V.I.Pink is more like the shade that Barbie would love. ^^




This is my take on these:
I love them because: 


  • The shades look pretty. 
  • It's really affordable. PhP 85 is a good price for a lipstick. 
  • It's highly-pigmented. 1-2 layer is enough :) 
  • Lasts long. 5-6 hours without drinking or eating (or kissing ^^)
  • Doesn't have a nasty smell. Tolerable. 

My concerns are: 

  • The lipsticks tend to dry my lips at the end of the day. :( 
  • Sophie products would be difficult to find unless you know somehow who sells them. Good thing I have two officemates who sells them and there's a store near our house. 


And now I can't wait to get my hands on the other shades. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment