Thursday, May 1, 2014

REVIEW: It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick - Cherry Pink / Peach Coral / Enamel Pink / Angel Pink

It's Labor Day. I am stuck at home to make up for the lost hours of sleep for the past few weeks.  

It's also a good time to update this blog. :)

I think the last time I made a review for lipstick was two years ago (AVON Assorted lipsticks). I am not pretty sure though. 

This is my first lipstick review for this year. :) It's already overdue but I hope I am not too late. 




Product NameIt's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick 
(It's Skin is a Korean brand)

Price: PhP 185
I got this again from my favorite online shop: Han Ryu


Comes in: 8 SHADES

My shopaholic-self just told me to buy 4 of these. My Goodness! 






So I got myself four shades of It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick 

02 Cherry Pink 
03 Peach Coral
05 Enamel Pink
07 Angel Pink




Here are the other shades of  It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick 




I was so tempted to buy four of these because of the price (185 pesos is NOT bad for a lipstick) and the  shades. 

I am still in search for that 'perfect' pink lipstick for me so I decided to get the two shades of pink (05 Enamel Pink and 07 Angel Pink). 




Packaging: One thing I love with Korean cosmetics is the packaging. I love the unique packaging of It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick











Here are the ones that I got. I did not edit the photos to really capture the real colors of the lipsticks. 


















The moment I opened these lipsticks, I fell in love with the shades.  They also smell nice and sweet. Literally sweet. They smell like candies! 


Here are the swatches for these shades: 






This photo was taken under direct light. You may notice that in this picture, the shades look 'shimmery'. Please take note that the shades are NOT actually 'shimmery'. :)  




And here's what the shades look like on my lips. Please bear with me with the picture. I do not have pretty lips (and my lips are DRY and WRINKLED!). Anyways, I just really want to show you what they look like when you wear them. :) 

I didn't wear any lip concealer when I applied these. 



My favorite would be the 02 Cherry Rose. I like the shade and it matches with my skin tone. I also like 03 Peach Coral because it looks so natural on my lips. 

03 Enamel Pink also looks cute. Unfortunately, I think this kind of pink shade doesn't work well on my skin tone. 

I just felt a little disappointed with 07 Angel Pink. It's not pigmented enough for me. I tried applying 3-4 coats but I guess this shade doesn't love my lips. 




This is my HONEST TO GOODNESS review for It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick.

What I love:
  • The shades. The shades are honestly pretty. 
  • The packaging. It's my first time to see a lipstick packaging like that and I love it. 
  • The scent. Smells like candy but not too strong. The scent also doesn't last long once you apply it on your lips. 
  • Matte finish (but not TOO matte). 

What I didn't like: 
  • The colors are not highly pigmented and they're not long-lasting. I had to re-apply every 2 hours. 
  • Once I applied It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick, I noticed that my lips looked moisturized. But after a couple of hours, my lips would start to look dry. At the end of the day, my lips would be totally dry and chapped. 




My VERDICT: BUY this ONLY IF you have already have smooth, moisturized lips. And if you wouldn't bother re-applying lipstick every 2 hours. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the It's Skin Lady-holic Lipstick but my lips do not love them. If only I have no problems with my dry lips, I would buy these and the other shades.






No comments:

Post a Comment