Tuesday, August 20, 2013

REVIEW: THE FACE SHOP Charcoal Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam

Yipeeee! I am again doing another review for this month. 
*I just hope I can continue on doing reviews regularly ^_^



I bought a 4 facial foams last month. 3 of them from The Face Shop. 
The Face Shop Whitening Rice Water, Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam, The Face Shop Charcoal Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam and The Face Shop Acne Solution Cleansing




Being a sucker for anything that "prevents pimples and keeps oily skin at bay", I've decided to purchase these babies. 


Today, I'll do a quick review of THE FACE SHOP Charcoal Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam


PRODUCTTHE FACE SHOP Charcoal Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam
Content: 170 ml / 5.74 fl. oz. 
Price: PhP 331 (from Han Ryu




Description: 
Here's what the description in the bottle says: 
Deep-cleansing facial foam with Black Formula containing charcoal thoroughly cleanses impurities, makeups residue and sebum inside pores with its maximum absorption and rich foam. 
Directions for use: 
Dispense an adequate amount and lather fully with water. Massage gently onto the entire face and rinse thoroughly with clean water





I just love that this product has an English translation for the description, directions for use and even the ingredients. 










Compared to most facial foams/wash, this one's darker (it should be because it says CHARCOAL on the label).
It contains small 'beads' which I think is for the 'exfoliating' part or just to remove dirt. 

It really does not contain a lot of 'beads' so it won't really irritate or hurt your skin once you use it. 


SCENT: When I first tried this one, I felt a bit nostalgic. I dunno but the scent really reminds of something. It took me days to realize that it smells like the original POND's Facial Wash! If you grew up during my time, Pond's Facial Wash was like the MOTHER OF ALL FACIAL WASH. Everyone in highschool had a bottle / tube of Pond's Facial Wash and it was like everyone's using it during our lunch breaks. These days, Pond's has different kinds of facial wash/foams to choose from.
I haven't used Pond's for a long time and highschool for me was really FUN so I am so sorry for being so nostalgic. :) 

Ooopsie! Sorry for my dry hands. ^_^ 

Once you lather it, it creates a gentle foam. The scent is not too strong too. 


THE TEST
Here's how I do my tests on facial foams/wash.
Since I ALWAYS use BB creams + Foundation / Face Powder, I literally have a second layer of skin that I have to shed off before I sleep. 
So I always use facial cream/cleanser to remove those nasty BB Cream + Foundation/Face Powder. A good facial foam/wash for me is when it can remove all those residues without the use of any makeup remover, facial cleansers etc. 


Without any use of facial cleansers, makeup remover etc., I used the THE FACE SHOP Charcoal Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam  

I used Etude House AC Clinic Daily Toner and here's what I got: 



Sorry because the shot is a bit blurry. 

Here's my verdict: 
1. It is definitely a DEEP CLEANSING FOAM. It removed traces of BB cream and Foundation. 

2. Well this one is definitely good for those with 'super' oily skin. After using, your skin will feel a little 'tight' and somehow dry. I dunno what will be the effect for those with dry skin though. 

3. Unfortunately, during my first few days of using this, I got breakouts. Not major ones but I had zits. :(  That's for my skin. I guess my skin was still adjusting to the ingredients of this product. I still use this one but I guess this will be my last. 



For Deep Cleansing - CHECK!
Removes makeup - CHECK! 
Perfect for those who has oily skin - CHECK!
*But since I had breakouts during my first few days of using this, I might pass on this next time :) 




2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just bought this product yesterday and I love it cause it already got rid of all my white heads, and I have oily skin too! I was just wondering, cause I'm new to actually taking care of your skin, but how often should I use something like this? my skin didn't feel to dry after using it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am s sorry for the super late reply.. :(
      I use this every night. I know it might sound a bit harsh for your skin but I use a lot of BB cream + powder + blush-on during the day that I need to remove them before I go to sleep.

      Have you ever heard of the 10-step Korean skin care routine? After using cleansing oil to remove my make-up, I use this as my cleansing facial wash..
      This site might help you:
      http://shesintheglow.com/the-10-step-korean-skincare-routine/


      Thanks for reading!

      Delete