Sunday, August 11, 2013

REVIEW: THE FACE SHOP Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing

I am quite stress for the last two months. 
My life has been in a drama these past few weeks so I am emotionally stressed. :(
So most of my zits came out and I quite forgot to take care of my zit-prone skin. 


Good thing I have a lot of stuff to combat these zits. Aside from BB Cream, I am literally addicted to facial wash. Yeah. You read it right. FACIAL WASH. 


I think this addiction all stemmed from my experience in highschool and college (here's another drama). I think I've mentioned before that my acne really lowered down my self-esteem so now that I am working and earning, I do spend a lot with skin care.


Anyways, here's a quick review of my current favorite facial wash: THE FACE SHOP Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing




Product name: THE FACE SHOP Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing
(*I felt something is wrong with how they named the product. I think it should be: CLEAN FACE ACNE SOLUTION CLEANSING FOAM. Naah! never mind the name. I am in LOVE with this product - oops!) 


Content: 150ml /5.07 fl.oz


Price: PhP 399 (I got this again from Han Ryu)
*** (Okay, lemme clear this again that I am NOT being paid by the seller to promote her online store. I've been buying from her ever since and I always indicate in my blog where I bought my items, whether from Han Ryu or from other stores. It's just that I always buy from her because she is so nice and the products are really affordable)







Clean Face is a line from The Face Shop that focuses on acne prone skin. Before I bought this, I checked the official website of The Face Shop and did some research. This skin care line come with cleansing foam(facial wash), sun cream, toner, lotion (for the face), cleansing cream, serum, and two types of spot corrector (whew! that's a lot!) 
I am on a tight budget so I just got the cleansing foam ^_^




What is it for? 
According to the package: 
"This new and improved Green Tea treats oily skin or problem skin more quickly and effectively." 

And The Face Shop website says that: 
"Contains Greentea extract, highly effective for acne"






Good thing this has an English translation


Here's the expiration date (I love it when the expiration date are easily seen on the packaging) 







What the products looks like:
*Similar to our usual facial foam. 
* SCENT: I think this product has a 'medicated smell'. I dunno what term to use.. the scent is okay but somehow you will sense that this product contains 'medicine' for acne. It's not too strong and overpowering though. 


Here's my take on this
I am currently using this because together with Etude House AC Clinic Daily Toner and Lotion 
1. Honestly, it's a good match with Etude House AC Clinic Daily Toner and Lotion because it dries out my zits fast (though I had to use moisturizer because my whole face was dry!) 

2. I tried using this alone and I did not experience any breakouts and the redness lessened too. 

3. This is good for acne prone skin and oily-skin. It keeps oiliness at bay and prevents further breakouts. 


I love this product and I think THE FACE SHOP Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing and I will be enjoying each other's company for some time. :) 

This one's a good buy!





15 comments:

  1. Nice review....but I'm having second thoughts with this because I still have AC Clinic Step 1-3. Anyway, I will try it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Light Therapy is safe and effective, but it has never been affordable for the average acne sufferer.
    See http://www.trophyskin.com for more information about this.

    ReplyDelete

  3. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you



    Facial Cleanser for Dry Skin and Combination Skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the info :)
      Will be putting details next time. Couldn't make a detailed review because of work. Hope I could have time soon..

      thanks for reading my blog :)

      Delete
  4. is it good for sensitive skin? 'cause I'm always having a second thought to these kind of things. I don't have any zit in the past, but they suddenly appeared this year. You said it is good for acne prone skin, what about for the first timers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! If you really have sensitive skin, I think I would not recommend this to you.
      First, this product contains chemicals that are meant to target acne (like TRICLOCARBAN). For example Triclocarban is an anti-bacterial chemical found in antibacterial soaps, and it really dries your skin (literally, like after washing, you will feel your skin tighten). If your skin is sensitive when it comes to stuff like this, I think it's not a good idea to try this.

      Second, if you are really not prone to acne like what you have said, I suggest you rethink of the other factors that might have caused your acne. Were you stressed these days? Are you having your period? Did you change any of your usual skin care regimen? Have you tried a new set of makeup? Things like that can cause acne.

      In my case, I was BORN to have acne. Both my parents have oily skin and had acne during their teenage years. I have an oily skin and I easily get acne. I guess this product is 'strong' enough to help me out with these acne. :)

      Delete
    2. care to share the link of han ryu online store?thanks

      Delete
    3. hi! this is her Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/KoreanCosmetics?fref=ts

      Just tell her you got the info from me... :) Thanks!!! ^^

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.



    Best Facial Cleansers for Sensitive Skin

    ReplyDelete
  6. MApagkakatiwalaan po ba si Han Ryu? at kapag umorder ka po kailan darating syu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! :)
      matagal na akong umoorder sa kanya - :)

      Delete
  7. Can you tell me the pH degree of this product?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me the pH degree of this product?

    ReplyDelete
  9. can you tell me about pH degree?

    ReplyDelete
  10. it really does. It gets to the stage where you can't move your lips! It's such an odd sensation and not one I can say i've ever felt before. facial nyc

    ReplyDelete