Saturday, August 10, 2013

REVIEW: HOLIKA HOLIKA Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner

Hi! :)
I've mentioned last time that I am learning how to put eye makeup on and I am starting with EYELINERS ^_^ 


I've bought some eyeliners and I am really amazed with what eyeliners can do!


From this: 




To this: 


Well, actually it's not much of a difference but I felt that my eyes looked more 'alive' when I put on the eyeliner :) 
I think I am starting to love eyeliners now. 


Today, I'll do a review for one of the eyeliners I purchased online (got this from Han Ryu
It's from Holika Holika, a Korean brand. 


Product Name: HOLIKA HOLIKA Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner 01 
Color: Black
Price: PhP 215 (I bet this is much more expensive) 




This is a cream-y type of eyeliner in a pencil-type packaging. Most pencil-type of eyeliners are made of 'wood' (they really look like pencils) so all you have to do is to sharpen them. But  HOLIKA HOLIKA Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner 01 is made of plastic so I had a hard time trying to figure out how to sharpen this. 

I tried looking twisting the bottom part to check if this one's a retractable pencil but nooooooo it's not. 






I read other blogs and according to them, you can just sharpen this one even if it's made of plastic. I haven't tried it yet (since I've used this product for around 2-3times only)




Like what I said earlier, this is a cream-y type of eyeliner in a pencil-type packaging.

I got the dark one (01). When I Googled HOLIKA HOLIKA Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner, I found out that this eyeliner comes in a wide variety of colors. 



For an eye makeup newbie like me, I love the color :) 



I apologize for my hairy skin and large pores but I am born with those :) 

And this is what  HOLIKA HOLIKA Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner on my eyes. I took pictures from different angles so at least we can take a good look at the eyeliner. (I'm a bit shy to take close-up pictures of my eye since it's not really pretty. I just wanna show you what HOLIKA HOLIKA Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner looks like when it's already on my skin.) 










Here's my take: 
1.  I love this because it easily glides on my skin
2.  I love the smudge-free application and it's easy to apply :) 
3.  Long-lasting? Yeah. Lasts for 6-7 hours (this is my definition of long-lasting).
4.  Water-proof? Yeah. It's quite difficult to remove the traces of eyeliner whenever I wash my face so I have to use a makeup remover. 


Will I buy this again?
Of course!
It's actually cheap but I love everything about it. :)
I might try the other colors next time. :) 


1 comment:

  1. I plan to buy eyeliner, I think I will buy Holika eyeliner. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete