Monday, August 20, 2012

REVIEW (updated): Etude House - Wonder Pore Clay Clear

Finally! I have visited Etude House in Robinson's Metroeast.

When I read a message posted by Etude House Philippines on its fan page in Facebook that their Robinson's Metroeast was already open, I literally had a big smile. 

Yipee!


I went there today (Sunday, Aug 20) to check the items out.
This particular product caught my eye. 


It's Etude's WONDER PORE CLAY CLEAR. (sounds like a tongue twister to me) 

I got curious so I got immediately placed this in my basket. Besides, this is the first time that I would be using  a clay mask. ^_^ 





Wonder Pore Clay Clear (love the blue packaging) 
THE PROMISES: 
This product promises a '7-in-1' total pore solution.
1. Balance your skin's ideal pH level. 
2. Refine skin tones.
3. Deep cleanse pores. 
4. Minimize appearance of pores. 
5. Control a large amount of sebum
6. Moisturize inside and outside of skin.

I am more interested on the pore-minimizing effect and the oil-control stuff they are promising. I have visible pores that can be seen from a mile.  And I have an oily skin which is so difficult to manage. I always get breakouts especially during my period so I hope this product would not make me look like a walking zit. 


THE PRODUCT: 
- Net wt. : 100g 
- The clay is placed in a jar and the it comes with a spatula. 
- PRICE: PhP 678










THE LOOK: 
-I dunno if all clay masks are like this.  Wonder Pore Clay Clear has a grayish color and foamy consistency. The color doesn't really bother me that much.  

THE SMELL: 
-It does not have a strong scent, but the smell reminds me of my mom's night creams. 



(I enhanced the brightness of this picture.) 






This one's not edited. 



-Since it has a foamy consistency, I thought that I had to apply a lot in order to cover my whole face but actually,  a little goes a long way. 
-It feels light on the skin upon application. After about 3 minutes, the clay starts to harden.  (yeah, I forgot, it's 'CLAY' ^_^). 
-After 15-20 minutes, I washed my face and tada! I felt so clean. 



Oh yes! This is me! I had to document this because this is my first-ever clay mask application. 


WHAT CAN I SAY?
- I have already tried twice but so far, NO NASTY BREAKOUTS.
- Although I have not noticed the supposed 'pore-minimizing' effect yet, I have noticed less blackheads. Also, my skin felt so clean. 
- Will try this? as long as I don't get any breakouts, I will!

- I'll be updating this after 10 clay mask applications. I've already had as of this writing so I still have 8 more. 




UPDATE:
Today is September 19, 2012. I think I have already used this clay mask for around 12 times. 


- Whenever I use Wonder Pore Clay Clear, my skin felt clean. I have also noticed less blackheads on my nose. 
- For the  'pore-minimizing' effect, I have not noticed that my pores got smaller. (But I still need proof on this because I have to check my photos before and after using Wonder Pore Clay Clear. 
- Still no break outs from this product. 
- This really lasts for a long time. You do not have to scoop a lot of the clay to apply on your face. 
- It's a bit difficult to remove. I had to wash my face for around 2 times to have all the clay removed. 

WILL I BUY THIS AGAIN?
-I will check out other clay masks (so at least I can have some point of comparison). But this one's already good enough for those nasty blackheads and whiteheads.

^_^













10 comments:

  1. I've tried the modelling clear one from EH's WonderPore Lines. But it breaks me out.
    Now, I'm trying the freshner. So far so good.

    http://beautifyiu.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-etude-house-wonder-pore.html

    xoxo
    Beautifyiu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very detailed review. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing with us your review about this wonderful Etude product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank God I've found your detailed review about this product or else I'm gonna scratch my head figuring how to use it. Currently using the sample pack which everything is written in Hangul.

    http://satellite-r-reminiscence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God I found your review!! How often did you used this tho? for example, 2 times a week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! :)
    I am so sorry for the late reply.. I used this for thrice a week (on my first two weeks).
    Then on the third week onward, just twice a week. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long did it last?

    ReplyDelete