Here's one of the products that I have tried and will continue to use.
My sister gave me this: Herb Day Cleansing Cream.
I think one of her Korean students gave it to her but she is not a fan of creams. It took me a while before I tried this one. I was quite hesitant because it did not have any instructions what is it or how to even use it. I was kinda lazy to check it out on the internet.
And when I've tried it, I felt in love with it and here's why:
- It's a CLEANSING CREAM by The Face Shop.
- What are cleansing creams: Cleansing cream is a skin care product that washes and moisturizes your skin, getting rid of dirt, sweat, makeup and bacteria. It is usually made from a combination of mineral oil, petrolatum, water and waxes.
-The Face Shop has four types of cleansing creams for this line: Fruits Mix, Aloe, Green Tea and 5 Grains Cereal (5 Combined Cereal). All are applicable for any skin type. I will be doing a review on Herb Day Cleansing Cream - 5 Grains Cereal (5 Combined Cereal)
-Product Description: A cleansing cream which contains five grain extracts is perfect for purifying and softening skin, with mild touch feel (from TheFaceShop).
-Application: Get adequate amount on palms. Massage the face until the make up base gets off. Wipe it out with tissue. Use cleansing foam as the last step (from TheFaceShop).
- It comes in a tub-type container.
-Size: 150 ml
-Price: Uh-oh. I don't have any idea since my sister just gave this to me. :(
- What it looks inside: It's a cream. And it's an oily cream. Well actually I've expected it to be oily since all cleansing creams are made of mineral oil and wax. Having a super duper oily skin, the idea alone of putting an oily stuff on my face gives me goosebumps.
(From the look of this picture, you can easily guess whether I love it or not.)
THE REAL TEST:
-I dunno how others use cold creams or cleansing creams but I do it this way. I do not wash my face before I apply this. I get an ample amount of the product and I massage my face with it. Here is what my face look like after I apply the product.
-It's easy to apply on the face (I guess because it's 'oil'). After massaging, your skin will feel slippery and slimy (yup! the words are right).
- You will notice that there are tiny dirt-like stuff on my face.
-Here's a picture of my hand after I massaged the product on my face. The left photo was taken without flash. The right photo was taken with flash. You can clearly see the white stuff. I have this wild guess that those were the BB cream, foundation and pressed powder I've used during the day. ^_^
-I use a tissue to wipe the product off my face. And ta-da! Here's the result:
-The first picture was taken without flash.
Look at all the dirt. ;(
- My face still felt oily after I wiped my face. After wiping my face with tissue, I use a facial wash to finally remove the oil and all the remaining dirt.
What can I say:
-I love it!
-It doesn't have a strong scent.
-It doesn't irritate my skin. I haven't had any breakouts with this product.
-It doesn't dry my skin. After using this, my skin felt clean without the dry feeling.
-It totally removes all the stuff that should be off my face before I sleep (BB cream, foundation, pressed powder and dirt).
Will I buy this:
-I am almost through with my first tub. I don't have any idea about the price of this item here in the Philippines. I still have to ask my favorite online shop, Han Ryu if she has this item. Well I hope she does ^_^