Tuesday, June 16, 2015

REVIEW: Avon Lipsticks (Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick and Totally Kissable Lipstick)

Hello! :] 

Today, I will be doing a review on Avon lippies that I got 2 months ago. This is already a late review but like what I always say, better late than never (I guess motto siya nang mga palaging nag-po-procrastinate). 

I did a review on assorted Avon lipstick a long time ago. Check out this link: http://theunemployedfish.blogspot.com/2012/11/review-avon-lipsticks-assorted.html 

I feel a get my Avon lipstick from my office-mate whose mom is an Avon Dealer and I really do get a huge discount whenever I purchase from her. Unfortunately, I left my job two weeks ago. :( :( :( :( 


Anyways, I purchased 4 lipsticks - two from Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick collection and two from Totally Kissable Lipstick collection

The pink ones are from the Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick collection and the silver, bullet-looking ones are from the Totally Kissable collection. 

Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick
Price: PhP 399.00 
Content: 3.6 g per tube 
Has SPF 15 
The colors that I got were N05 lovely Fuchsia and N402 Bare Ruby 


Totally Kissable Lipstick
Price: PhP 399.00 
Content: 3.6 g per tube 
also has SPF 15 
The colors that I got were N03 Pink Wink and N104 Berry Smooch 




Here are the shades. I was so happy that when I got the the lipstick because the shades looked so pretty. 





First, let's go to Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick 

N05 Lovely Fuchsia
(more of a bright pink shade) 







N402 Bare Ruby 
(more of a reddish pink shade) 




First, I like the packaging. Avon lipstick always have a good packaging (doesn't look cheap). 


Then here are the Totally Kissable Lipsticks 

N03 Pink Wink 
(looks pink but once applied, it's like a mixture of pink orange-y shade) 






N104 Berry Smooch
 sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the label 
(more of a purple shade - not a fan of purple, dark shade lipstick but this became a trend in our office so I had to get one myself) 



And now let's go to the swatches



I love these lipsticks! 




Here are my my thoughts: 

Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick
- The shades are highly pigmented. One layer is enough for the color to show. 
- Glides smoothly on the lips, feels lightweight on the skin 
- It's not too moisturizing for me but it doesn't chap or make 'cracks' on my lips. 
- I like the staying power. It stays for a 4 hours without eating (light snack is okay). But stays a long time even after drinking. 

Totally Kissable Lipstick
- I will give these babies 5 out of 5 stars for its moisturizing effect. It doesn't chap my lips and it doesn't look bad when I apply it on my lips even of my lips aren't well exfoliated. 
- Has a sweet buttery scent (although it leaves a little taste after applying). 
- Glides smoothly on the lips. 
- Colors are vibrant after applying two layers. 
- Unfortunately, it doesn't stay long enough on the lips. After some drinking, I have to re-apply the lipstick. 


I love Avon lipsticks and I sure love these. Will buy again? Yeah! 




No comments:

Post a Comment