Saturday, September 1, 2012

REVIEW: Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm

It took me 5 months to finish this review and finally! here it is!
I'll be doing a short review for REVLON JUST BITTEN LIPSTAIN + Balm.
Aside from BB creams, I am addicted to anything that will make my lips look 'alive'.
My lips are dry and I tend to look pale without anything on my lips. And in my job, looking pale is a big NO-NO. 
I love lipsticks but there are times that I have to re-apply them on my lips. The problem is, I do not have the luxury of time to check if my lips still look okay. I've seen some reviews on Lip Stains and Lip Tints but I've never bothered trying them because 'stains and tints' would just make my lips look more dry. 

Then, my mom got these for me :) 




I am a big fan of Revlon (especially their Mineral Foundation) so I had a lot if expectations for this product. I will be doing three swatches for this product: PASSION, TWILIGHT AND FORBIDDEN.



THE PRODUCT: 
-It's a 2-in-1 product - a LIP STAIN AND A LIP BALM. 
-Comes in a marker-type form.

- According to Revlon's official websiteREVLON JUST BITTEN LIPSTAIN + Balm is a -Unique 2-in-1 lipstain and balm
-Kiss-proof color with soft shine
-Nourishing balm for supreme comfort
-Lightweight feel
-WEIGHT: Lipstain 2.5g ; Lipbalm 1.4g
-Available in 10 shades


THE PRICE: 
-Mall Price is around Php 575


Here are the three shades that I have: PASSION, TWILIGHT AND FORBIDDEN.













Hmmm, I don't know if it's me or just the camera, but TWILIGHT and FORBIDDEN looks the same when you look at them.  





It comes with a LIP BALM (which I think is essential whenever you apply lip stains or tints)





Here are swatches for these shades. Please forgive me for the (1) camera, (2) my hairy hand and  (3) my lips :) 



WITH FLASH 











WITHOUT FLASH 










It looks like TWILIGHT is more of a deep red wine color while FORBIDDEN is brick red in color. PASSION, as you can see, is PINK! (*BIG SMILE*)



THE APPLICATION
-Okay, I hope you will not kill me for these swatches on my lips. I am not that good in taking pictures of myself for a blog (newbie here!) but I am doing my best to learn ^_^

- It took me a while to learn how to apply this. WARNING! You need patience to apply this product perfectly. For lip stain newbies like me, try to practice. :)

- Since my lips are dry and I tend to have chapped lips, I have to exfoliate my lips first. 


- The colors are highly pigmented. At first, I noticed that the tint/stain would sink into the lines on my lips so I have to be really patient in applying. Apply this on dry, clean, exfoliated lips

-Then I have to wait for around a minute or two before I apply the balm. Well some people do not apply lip balm or lip gloss after they put on the lip stain/lip tint but for those with dry lips, I suggest you apply balm or gloss to prevent your lips from chapping or drying. 







Presenting!! my naked lips



This is my swatch for REVLON JUST BITTEN LIP STAIN + Balm - TWILIGHT.
As you can see, this is darker and it's in DEEP RED WINE. I am just sad because I can't seem  to apply this evenly. I don't want to scrub my lips thoroughly because it might cause it to bleed. 








This is me wearing REVLON JUST BITTEN LIP STAIN + Balm - FORBIDDEN.
It's somehow brick red in color.  








This is my favorite: REVLON JUST BITTEN LIP STAIN + Balm - PASSION.
It's PINK! (yehey!) 
(Click the picture to view the full image.) 






I will give special attention to PASSION. I love this entirely and it's the most used LIP STAIN that I have. 



Me wearing FORBIDDEN



WHAT CAN I SAY
I love this product because: 
- It's easy to apply. (Because of the marker-type applicator)
- There are different kinds of colors to choose from. 
- The LASTING POWER. It stays for as long as 6 hours (depends on how you many layers you are going to apply).



The CONS
- It dries your lips (something expected for lip stains and lip tints) 
- The balm is too soft (way to soft to be shaped in a 'stick'). I actually 'broke' the balm for PASSION. So be careful especially when you apply the cap.
- Needs practice to apply perfectly because it's highly pigmented (but this would not be a problem for those who are already comfortable with stains and tints). 
- -Takes time to apply (because you have to wait for the stain to stick to your lips and takes patience in applying). 



Will I purchase this again?
Of course! But with the price, I'll purchase this online or ask my mom to send me some. 



I'm wearing  Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm - in PASSION (love!)





No comments:

Post a Comment